Saturday, January 31, 2009

Last post! Final thoughts.

So as I'm writing this I'm sitting in the Baltimore airport waiting for my flight (I'm early, and it's been delayed...joy). Yesterday was a bittersweet day. It's nice to be heading back to school and my friends, but I loved my experience here, so I'm sad to be leaving. My last day wasn't really anything abnormal. I manned the front desk in Congressman Conyers' office for the last time. His staff all thanked me, hugged me, and told me to stay in touch. They said if I ever need anything, I should contact them and they'd be willing to do anything they can to help. They offered up recommendation letters, which I'll surely take them up on at some point. They asked me to come back this summer, and I would love to, but I'd have to find someone to get cheap housing, which will most likely be problematic. But that's a problem for another time.

All in all, I greatly enjoyed my experience in DC. The Fetter-Degges family was extremely kind to me, and I'll always be thankful for that. I can't wait to come back to DC and visit :)

But now...off to start another semester at Oberlin!

No comments:

Post a Comment